Newburgh's Tower of Victory was built for the Centennial of the end of the United States Revolution. The site was chosen because General Washington issued the cease fire from his Newburgh Headquarters at the Hasbrouck House on April 19th of 1783. The tower roof had been damaged in a November storm of 1950 and was repaired and rededicated in 2019 after a decade long fund raising effort totaling over $2million in both public and private funds.
WWI - Centennial Delegation
A century later the soil of the French countryside continues to reveal the memory of a barrage of war.